Job Title: Assistant Professor / Associate Professor
Report to: Rector
Faculty Positions – Malaysia Institute for Supply Chain Innovation (MISI) The Malaysia Institute for Supply Chain Innovation (MISI) is one of the centers of the MIT Global SCALE (Supply Chain and Logistics Excellence) Network an international alliance of leading-edge research and education centers, dedicated to the development and dissemination of global innovation in supply chain and logistics. Together, this network of centers educates hundreds of master’s students, doctoral candidates, and executives each year. MISI is recruiting for two faculty positions at the Associate and Assistant Professor Level to support research activities in the area of transportation logistics and supply chain management and to teach in the graduate (Master & PHD) and executive education programs at MISI
Faculty members are responsible for advancing the center’s mission of excellence in education, research, and corporate engagement. All faculty members are expected to develop, design, and deliver world-class teaching material at the master and doctoral levels. As part of the research team, faculty members are responsible for creating, supporting, and disseminating new knowledge in logistics, supply chain management, and related fields. Faculty are expected to conduct high quality research in collaboration with industry and government; supervise theses; publish in top international journals, academic proceedings, trade journals, and working papers; and participate fully in all industrial and educational programs offered and supported by the MIT Global SCALE centers. Faculty members are expected to work with and be in regular contact with researchers, educators, and thought leaders (academic and industry) across the world, including researchers at MIT and the international MIT Global SCALE Network centers.
Candidates should possess:
- A PhD in supply chain management, transportation, logistics, operations management, information systems, engineering, economics, business, or a related discipline;
- International exposure, reflected in publications, projects, conference participation and guest lectures;
- Ability to develop and deliver lectures and class material in English at the graduate level (both Masters and Doctoral);
- Ability to generate sponsored research and promote technology transfer and entrepreneurship;
- Ability to communicate with industry, give presentations, and lead meetings in English.
For more information you can contact:
Human Resource Unit