Director of PSCM Program
Contact: +603 7841 4803 | email@example.com
Dr. Albert Tan is currently the Director for Education in MISI and associate researcher at MIT CTL. Prior to that, he was an Associate Director managing the Master program in Supply Chain Management and Logistics Management. His research works have been published in international journals and is an editorial board member for various international journals.
Albert was previously a Director working in a government agency responsible for upgrading the IT capability of the manufacturing and logistics industries. This involved planning and evaluating e-Commerce solutions for the chemical and logistics industries. He has also provided numerous ERP and Reengineering consulting services for both discrete and process environment in Asia to streamline their supply chain while working for an IT vendor.
- AWK Tan, Olli-Pekka Hilmola and Kurt Binh, (2015),”Matching Volatile Demand with Transportation Services in Vietnam”, Asia Pacific Journal of Marketing and Logistics, accepted for publication.
- AWK Tan, Zhao Yifei, Dali Zhang and Olli-Pekka Hilmola , (2014),”State of third party logistics providers in China”, Industrial Management & Data Systems, Vol. 114 No. 9 pp. 1322 – 1343.
- AWK Tan and OP Hilmola, (2012) “Future of transshipment in Singapore” Industrial Management & Data Systems, Vol. 112, No. 7.pp. 1085-1100.
- Sumit and Tan, (2012) “Lessons learned from Large Construction Project in Saudi Arabia”, Benchmarking: an International Journal, Vol. 19, No. 3. pp. 308-334.
- PJ Hosie, MK Lim, AWK Tan and YK Yu, (2012) “Current and future uses of IT in Europe and the Far East: achieving competitive advantage with 3PL”, International Journal of Information Systems and Supply Chain Management, Vol. 13, No. 1. pp. 112-137.
- B Sundarakani and AWK Tan, (2012) “Enhancing the supply chain management performance using information technology: some evidence from UAE companies”, International Journal of Logistics Systems Management, Vol 11, No. 3, pp. 306-324.
- Tan Albert, 2013. “Supply Chain Process Reengineering”, Foreword by Prof. Yossi Sheffi, Prentice Hall.