Tuesday, September 25th @ MISI Campus 9:00AM – 6:00PM
Organizing Partners: Malaysia Institute for Supply Chain Innovation, Society Of Automotive Engineers Malaysia & Ningbo Supply Chain Innovation Institute China
The twentieth century was the century of the automobile; the twenty-first will see mobility dramatically re-envisioned. Automobiles altered cityscapes, boosted economies, and made personal mobility efficient and convenient for many. We had a century-long love affair with the car. But today, people are more attached to their smartphones than their cars. Cars are not always the quickest mode of travel in cities; and emissions from the rapidly growing number of cars threaten the planet. This is likely to change in near future for automobile industry.
This paradigm change poses several questions:
• How Would This Transformation Affect Urban Planning?
• How Technology Plays a Role in Transformation of Mobility?
• How Transformation of Mobility Affects the Auto Industry?
Questions abound but the answers are not clear. This conference brings together a group of distinguished practitioners with deep experience in the automotive sector to shed light on these and related questions.
- A rapid shift from the paradigm of autos to the paradigm of mobility may be expected.
- Future mobility will be heterogeneous, connected, intelligent and personalized.
- The important in orchestrating for regulators and policy makers this new mobility architecture, with numerous stake-holders, to serve society in the most effective manner.
- Essential actions for auto companies to succeed in the future.
Dr. V. Sumantran
Prof. Dr. Charles Fine
President & Dean
Asia School of Business
Prof. Dr. David Gonsalvez
CEO & Rector
Malaysia Institute for Supply Chain Innovation
09:00 Registration, Refreshments
09:30 Opening remarks
10:00 Urban Planning
- 10:00-10:20: (Keynote address by Dr. V. Sumantran)
- 10:30-10:50: (Keynote address)
- 11:00-11:20: (Keynote address)
- 11:30-12:00: Panel discussion:
- 13:10-13:30: (Keynote address by Prof. Dr. Charles Fine)
- 13:40-14:00: (Keynote address)
- 14:10-14:30: (Keynote address)
- 14:40-15:10: Panel discussion:
13:10 Auto Industry
- 15:40-16:00: (Keynote address by Prof. Dr. David Gonsalvez)
- 16:10-16:30: (Keynote address)
- 16:40-17:10: Panel discussion:
17:15 Concluding remarks
18:00 Refreshments and adjourn
Who should attend?
Conference fees (per attendee)
Lower “early-bird” rates are available for registration by September 1st.
MISI Campus, No. 2A, Persiaran Tebar Layar, Seksyen U8, Bukit Jelutong, Shah Alam, 40150 Selangor, Malaysia. GPS Coordinate: 3.101759,101.537452