Wednesday, November 14th @ Sasana Kijang, Bank Negara 9:00AM – 6:00PM
Organizing Partners: Malaysia Institute for Supply Chain Innovation, Society Of Automotive Engineers Malaysia & Ningbo Supply Chain Innovation Institute China
The twentieth century was the century of the automobile; the twenty-first will see mobility dramatically re-envisioned. Automobiles altered cityscapes, boosted economies, and made personal mobility efficient and convenient for many. We had a century-long love affair with the car. But today, people are more attached to their smartphones than their cars. Cars are not always the quickest mode of travel in cities; and emissions from the rapidly growing number of cars threaten the planet. This is likely to change in near future for automobile industry.
This paradigm change poses several questions:
• How Would This Transformation Affect Urban Planning?
• How Technology Plays a Role in Transformation of Mobility?
• How Transformation of Mobility Affects the Auto Industry?
Questions abound but the answers are not clear. This conference brings together a group of distinguished practitioners with deep experience in the automotive sector to shed light on these and related questions.
- A rapid shift from the paradigm of autos to the paradigm of mobility may be expected.
- Future mobility will be heterogeneous, connected, intelligent and personalized.
- The important in orchestrating for regulators and policy makers this new mobility architecture, with numerous stake-holders, to serve society in the most effective manner.
- Essential actions for auto companies to succeed in the future.
Dr. V. Sumantran
Prof. Dr. Charles Fine
President & Dean
Asia School of Business
Prof. Dr. David Gonsalvez
CEO & Rector
Malaysia Institute for Supply Chain Innovation
09:00 Registration, Refreshments
09:30 Opening remarks
10:00 Urban Planning
- 10:00-10:20: (Keynote address by Dr. V. Sumantran)
- 10:30-10:50: (Keynote address)
- 11:00-11:20: (Keynote address)
- 11:30-12:00: Panel discussion:
- 13:10-13:30: (Keynote address by Prof. Dr. Charles Fine)
- 13:40-14:00: (Keynote address)
- 14:10-14:30: (Keynote address)
- 14:40-15:10: Panel discussion:
13:10 Auto Industry
- 15:40-16:00: (Keynote address by Prof. Dr. David Gonsalvez)
- 16:10-16:30: (Keynote address)
- 16:40-17:10: Panel discussion:
17:15 Concluding remarks
18:00 Refreshments and adjourn
Who should attend?
- Automotive service providers: CEOs and owners, middle and senior executives of strategy, operations, and logistics
- Automotive companies: middle and senior executives in strategy, operations and logistics
- Urban planners, city administrators, transportation policy makers
- Entrepreneurs interested in mobility
- IT service providers and consultants with focus on mobility / automotive operations
- Executives and planners from government agencies supporting mobility, SMEs, technology
- Academics with research interests in mobility
Conference fees (per attendee)
Lower “early-bird” rates are available for registration by October 17th.
- Regular registration: RM 800 (Early bird: RM 600)
- Group registration: RM 600 (3 or more from same organization) (Early bird: RM 500)
- Members of MISI Partner Companies: RM 600 (Early bird: RM 500)
Official Media Partner
Sasana Kijang, 2, Jalan Dato Onn, Kuala Lumpur, 50480 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur