BASF Shared Services Center Kuala Lumpur was established in 2005. Located in Kuala Lumpur, the shared services center has nearly 700 employees and provides functional services in the areas of Finance, Controlling, Information Services, Human Resources, Environment, Health & Safety, Procurement and Import-Export Operations Services to BASF companies and affiliates in 17 markets across the Asia Pacific region. BASF has three other shared services centers located in Berlin and Ludwigshafen in Germany and in Montevideo, Uruguay, that cover Europe and the Americas.
- To support the implementation of a Logistic Visibility platform within Asia Pacific by developing a visibility platform that combines shipment information from various sources all into a single platform
- The key user groups are Customer Service, Transport Management, Import/Export Management and the OD Supply Chain colleagues in the region.
- The target is to identify delays of shipments to customer early and trigger a pro-active notification.
- To support the regional users and assure sustainable and beneficial usage of the platform, a regional lead is now required to take over the operational ownership for the transport mode of maritime & air.
- Accountable for the link between regional user base (all of Asia / Pacific) and the global Logistics Visibility team
- Responsible to build up and lead the regional community. Actively engage with the users from all countries in Asia Pacific (800+ users in G-FSO and the ODs) to apply the visibility platform in their daily live. Motivate users to actively participate.
- Manage relationship with relevant stakeholders (Team Leads, Directors, Vice Presidents, both from ODs and G-FSO) and assure sustainable usage in the region
- Set up regional community network across the whole region and stay in close touch with the users,
- Provide guidance for users and channel questions, issues and feedback to the global team.
- Offer and facilitate regular training sessions in the region.
- Share success stories and best practices
- Ensure use cases reflect day-to-day reality, fine-tune use cases if necessary for optimum use in specific situations
- As an expert, lead initiative and further drive for functional and process improvements, systematically identify additional use cases and develop use cases further, communicate and deploy new use cases in the region. This task in a complex, very dynamic environment with many interfaces applies for maritime & air transport.
- Ensure all relevant service providers are connected to the visibility layer, support onboarding process and data quality topics. Regular exchange with external partners required.
- Accountable for the implementation progress, performance, cost and benefit tracking in the region, supported by the global Logistics Visibility team.
- Degree in Business Administration or equivalent, supply chain management, logistics
- At least 7 years in Supply Chain Management / Logistics area
Technical & Professional Knowledge:
- Good communication skills, open to new ideas, be able to actively engage with users and stakeholders on all management levels
- Experience in Transport / Export Management
- Good understanding of Transport Management processes and regional specifics
- Good language skills, English is prerequisite
- Literacy in Mandarin language is an added advantage
Interested candidates are encouraged to send in their application via BASF career website, at https://tas-apacbasf.taleo.net/careersection/regional_career_section_2012/jobdetail.ftl?job=28152&tz=GMT%2B08%3A00