Over 50% of most manufacturing companies’ costs is in the purchase of direct & indirect material. However, the buyers and managers responsible often have no formal education in procurement and learn their skills “on the job” – an expensive proposition to say the least!
This program aims to equip professionals in procurement with ESSENTIAL SKILLS, enabling them to CREATE REAL VALUE for their organizations. Through lectures, case studies and exercises, they will understand and apply key concepts to become better procurement professionals.
Key Learning Outcomes
- Understand the purpose and function of effective procurement
- Learn how to initiate and manage tenders and contracts
- Develop effective negotiation skills
- Apply “Total Cost Analysis” in procurement decisions
- Build skills in developing and managing suppliers
Who Should Attend
This program is well suited for executives and middle to senior level managers from Procurement, Supply Chain and Logistics functions. Managers from Finance, IT, Engineering and Sales who influence-purchasing decisions will also benefit.