11-14 April 2016
As part of the MSCM program Dr. Chris Caplice held a four-day lecture & workshop entitled “Introduction to Freight Transportation” for MSCM students.
Transportation Agenda – 11/12/13/14 April 2016:
- – Intro to Freight Transportation
- – Linehaul Operations
- – Local Routing Algorithms
- – Local Routing Approximations
- – Hubs and Transshipment Points
- – Transportation Design & Mode Choice
- – Case Study: Florida Citrus
- – Transportation Procurement
Dr. Chris Caplice is the Executive Director of MIT’s Center for Transportation & Logistics. His research is in all aspects of freight transportation to include combinatorial procurement auctions, robust planning, portfolio management, performance metrics, and infrastructure design. Chris holds a Ph.D. in Transportation and Logistics Systems from MIT.