Job Title: Assistant Professor / Associate Professor
Report to: Rector
Faculty Positions – Malaysia Institute for Supply Chain Innovation (MISI) The Malaysia Institute for Supply Chain Innovation (MISI) is one of the centers of the MIT Global SCALE (Supply Chain and Logistics Excellence) Network an international alliance of leading-edge research and education centers, dedicated to the development and dissemination of global innovation in supply chain and logistics. Together, this network of centers educates hundreds of master’s students, doctoral candidates, and executives each year. MISI is recruiting for two faculty positions at the Associate and Assistant Professor Level to support research activities in the area of transportation logistics and supply chain management and to teach in the graduate (Master & PHD) and executive education programs at MISI
Faculty members are responsible for advancing the center’s mission of excellence in education, research, and corporate engagement. All faculty members are expected to develop, design, and deliver world-class teaching material at the master and doctoral levels. As part of the research team, faculty members are responsible for creating, supporting, and disseminating new knowledge in logistics, supply chain management, and related fields. Faculty are expected to conduct high quality research in collaboration with industry and government; supervise theses; publish in top international journals, academic proceedings, trade journals, and working papers; and participate fully in all industrial and educational programs offered and supported by the MIT Global SCALE centers. Faculty members are expected to work with and be in regular contact with researchers, educators, and thought leaders (academic and industry) across the world, including researchers at MIT and the international MIT Global SCALE Network centers.
Candidates should possess:
- A PhD in supply chain management, transportation, logistics, operations management, information systems, engineering, economics, business, or a related discipline;
- International exposure, reflected in publications, projects, conference participation and guest lectures;
- Ability to develop and deliver lectures and class material in English at the graduate level (both Masters and Doctoral);
- Ability to generate sponsored research and promote technology transfer and entrepreneurship;
- Ability to communicate with industry, give presentations, and lead meetings in English.
For more information you can contact:
Human Resource Unit
Job Title: Special Officer for a multi initiative Oil Palm and Small Farmers Program
This position is special officer position for a 12 month contract, renewable yearly at a research and teaching institute. Reporting directly to the director of the program, your main involvement will be with an Oil Palm related initiative in a team of around 15 to 20 researchers and field officers. An ideal candidate will have similar experience in an MNC and an academic institution. The company is based in Shah Alam, the special officer will be required to travel one or two days a week to the field areas in Johor.
Salary and compensation is competitive and at market rate. To know about the company please visit misi.edu.my
Program Manager Responsibilities
- Facilitate on time delivery of quarterly milestones and deliverables for the program
- Develop operational plans for the program that can be tuned with time and changing customer expectations
- Developing and implementing strategy for the project team, understanding and highlighting risks, preparing mitigation plan
- Understanding different initiatives, their interlinkage and overlap – managing common resources across
- Meeting with stakeholders to make communication easy and transparent regarding project issues
- Coordinating and running events and workshops
- Identifying opportunities for continual improvement
- Reporting on program performance to executive team and directors.
- Producing accurate and timely reporting of program status throughout its life cycle
- Detail Milestone monitoring and tracking
- Help preparation of quarterly invoices for the program deliverable
Special Officer Requirements
- Bachelor degree or master degree in business or related field.
- Understanding and Proven experience in program/project management.
- Expertise with one of the project management software tools like MS Project
- Candidates must possess at least bachelor’s degree or diploma in finance or equivalent
- Required language: Good spoken and written knowledge of English and Bahasa is MUST
- At least 3 year(s) working experience in a related field is required
Company Information: Malaysia Institute for Supply Chain Innovation
Job Title: Accounts Executive
You will be responsible for preparing and maintaining the full set of financial accounts including Accounts Payables & Receivables. You will also assist in handling the month/quarterly/annual end financial books closing tasks.
- Handle (AP, AR & Cash Book) and full set accounts
- Timely preparation of monthly journal entries, reconciliation of accounts and related monthly financial statement schedules
- Assist with timely & accurate month end closing
- Perform filing and keep track of documentation
- Assist in Fixed Asset Register
- Ensure that financial transactions are properly updated and recorded
- Assist in annual financial audits and corporate tax reporting
Accounts Payable (AP)
- Prepare and process monthly payments, manual/ad-hoc payment process and to ensure payments are up-to-date.
- Prepare supplier reconciliation and investigate variances.
- Follow up with the vendors and internal business department on invoices/approvals.
- Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries.
- Perform month end closing for AP.
- Maintain Vendor master file.
Accounts Receivable (AR)
- Responsible for full spectrum of invoicing and AR functions, including billing/invoicing, AR monitoring, receipts, loan contracts preparations for students and credit notes processing.
- Checking of all invoices, receipts and credit notes against supporting documents.
- Ensure proper and accurate recording of accounting entries for invoices, receipts and credit notes.
- Preparation of balance sheet schedules and performance of reconciliations for AR and other receivables accounts.
- Timely distribution of statement of accounts to debtors.
- Perform month end closing for AR.
- Preparation of debtors ageing analysis.
- Professional Certificate or Degree in Finance / Accounting
- At least three to five years' experience in preparing full set of accounts, Accounts payable and receivables
- Proficient in Excel & Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Meticulous and attentive to detail
- Well versed in financial accounting standards, having tax knowledge will be an added strength;
- Sound regulatory knowledge to ensure compliance with accounting standards and company statutory regulations that are applicable to MISI
- Proactive attitude, high level of integrity, and strong interpersonal skills
- Good command of English
Please email your resume to: email@example.com ( Attention : Nadira Ismail)