We are pleased to announce the third PhD winter academy is going to be held from 21st January to 1st February 2019. Similar to last two academies, this year event entails a set of informative, interactive and exciting activities to assist PhD students in Operations and Supply Chain Management (O/SCM) field and develop their intellectual abilities as well as academic career. PhD students and junior academicians would benefit from this platform to connect with their fellow, exchange ideas, learn from prominent scholars among many more other advantages. The feedback from last two academies has been extremely positive and it was mentioned that the academy was helpful for stimulating new research ideas, obtaining constructive feedback on the student’s research thesis, and connecting with peers from various countries.
More specifically, the way the academy is designed would provide diverse set of benefits for the participants. Some of the them are as follows:
- Having an opportunity to interact and exchange ideas with fellow researchers across different regions.
- Interacting and getting constructive advice/feedback on the research from world-renowned scholars.
- Learning the latest OM/SCM concepts and research approaches from prominent professors.
- Visiting the supply chain operations in the region.
- Learning about multi-lingual and multi-cultural Malaysian society.
The primary theme of Academy 2019 is “experimental/quasi-experimental research and causal inference in O/SCM”. Three world-renowned professors will teach in the academy and share their knowledge with the participants.
The detail of the program will be available in the Academy Brochure. We truly encourage all young scholars and junior faculty members in this field to join us for a wonderful platform of interaction, learning, debating and networking in January 2019. Looking forward to see all of you in upcoming January.