Growth in both existing and new markets is challenging and important for business leaders and owners in any country. Local retail enterprises face organizational challenges in managing complicated supply chain streams, streamlining operations and defining a corporate identity that innovates and provides service excellence. Understanding retail supply chain management and how it affects a business, will help business leaders in overcoming these challenges. With this background in mind, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) Global SCALE Network has designed this program that will allow retail enterprise leaders to learn key supply chain fundamentals that is important for their businesses to stay competitive. This program will also expose them to innovative practices and trends that are being employed in the retail sector globally.
Deliver core Supply Chain knowledge required for senior executives and business owners in the retail sector to make aligned decisions, integrate supply chain issues, and plan for improvements across linked functional areas in their business.
IPTS Certified Code: DU027(B)
All programmes conducted by MISI are eligble for HRDF claims, subject to prior application to HRDF by the employers/companies
Technical and Professional Visits (Optional)
- Inditex / Zara Distribution Center
- Novaltia – pharmaceutical distribution
- Bebinter – automated warehouse
- Happypunt – clothing prototype design
- Mango – department of design
- Privalia – on-line clothing retailer
- Carrefour Distribution Center
- Ningbo Zhoushan Port Group – largest port in the world
- Xi Bei Restaurant – high speed growth restaurant chain
- General Mills – material continuous flow and labor intensive operations
- Yihai Kerry Group – witness whole production line process
- Eleme Co. – home delivery service operations
- Mars – learn about lean value chain design
- PepsiCo Asia Innovation Center – food and beverage innovation center
- AB InBev – multi-brand management
Upon successful completion of the program participants will receive a certificate of completion from MIT Global SCALE Network.