Dr. Javad Feizabadi
Director of PhD Program
Contact: +603 7841 4806 | email@example.com
Dr. Javad Feizabadi explores the supply chain and value chain design and capability-driven strategies in the current volatile business environment. His research examines dynamic capability development in value/supply chain and creating competitive advantage through value/supply chain design and management. In some of his recent research efforts, he looked into the impact of ASEAN Economic Community on value chain/supply chain design in automotive, electronics and steel industries. Adaptability and flexibility of value/supply chain facing with dynamics in various stages of value creation and demand fulfillment is the main focus of Dr. Feizabadi’s research. Other areas of his research are supply chain strategy and entrepreneurship in supply chain management.
During the period 2007-2008, he was involved in a study exploring the supply chain challenges in the European auto industry at IMD, Switzerland. His research has been published in several international conferences and academic journals.
He holds a PhD in Operations Management. He worked in automotive industry for 7 years and 2 years in management consulting. Dr. Feizabadi has been a visiting professor at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). He is also a Research Affiliate with MIT.
List of Publications
- Gligor, D., Holcomb, M. & Feizabadi, J., (2016). An exploration of the strategic antecedents of firm supply chain agility: The role of a firm’s orientations; International Journal of Production Economics, 179, 24-34.
- Fatodu, O., & Gligor D.; Holcomb, M. ; Feizabadi, J. (2015). Implications of customer roles in engineer-to-order service supply chain. International Journal of Logistics Systems and Management, 22(3), 350-375.
- Feizabadi, J., & Soroush, A. (2015). Contribution of supply chain to corporate strategy: A case study in agriculture machinery industry. International Journal of Logistics Systems and Management, 18(4), 473–499.
- Feizabadi, J. (2013). Gaining power through diversity. Automotive Logistics Magazine.
- Feizabadi, J. (2013). Supply chain risk and reward for Malaysia’s automakers. Supply Chain Frontiers, (49).