MSCM has been suspended for the academic year 2021/2022
The MIT-Malaysia Master of Science in Supply Chain Management (MSCM) is offered by the Malaysia Institute for Supply Chain Innovation (MISI). MIT CTL, ZLC ZLOG & MISI MSCM programs are jointly ranked #1 worldwide for supply chain management programs (by EDUNIVERSAL) for 2015-2016, 2016-2017, 2017-2018 & 2018-2019. The MSCM program provides cutting edge knowledge and expertise in problem solving, change management and leadership. Ten months of challenging coursework, Master’s thesis project, and industry interaction equip MSCM graduates with the skills that companies seek in an increasingly complex and dynamic marketplace. Students from more than 22 countries have graduated from the program since its inception in 2012; and you could be next!
Is this course for you?
The MSCM program is designed for students who have work experience and have good quantitative skills, including some college-level calculus and probability/statistics. However, you do not need to have a degree in engineering to apply. Classroom and personal interaction are enhanced by varied experiences in the student body. MSCM Admissions strives to build a class with diverse backgrounds such as finance, information technology, management, marketing, and sales. We encourage students from a wide variety of backgrounds and disciplines to apply. If you have questions about whether you would be a good candidate for the MSCM program, please contact us directly.
What sets the MSCM program apart
- 10-Month Full-Time Program
- 3 Weeks at MIT Campus, USA
- Small class size
- MIT Curriculum
- Active Career Placement Program
- MIT Global SCALE Alumni Network
- Intensive Industry Interaction
SOME OF THE COMPANIES THAT HAVE HIRED OUR STUDENTS
- Analytical Methods for Supply Chain Management I & II
- Supply Chain Leadership
- Logistic Systems: Forecasting & Inventory I & II
- Supply Chain Finance I & II
- System Dynamics
- System Technologies
- Systems Optimization
- Transportation Systems
- Technical Communications I & II
- Research Methods
- Case Studies in Logistics & SCM I & II
- Retail Supply Chains and ecommerce
- Data Analytics I & II
- Sales and Operations Planning
- Sustainable Supply Chains
- Supply Chain Design and Strategy
- Distribution and Fulfillment Centers
- Supply Chain Planning
- Introduction to Operations Management
- Engineering Systems Analysis for Design – Real Options
- Global Supply Chain Management
- MIT CTL SCALE Connect
- Graduate Research Thesis
What our students have to say
I had the great pleasure and honor to study at MISI, a terrific ten months spent between the center of South-East Asia and the Eastern coast of America, accompanied with magnificent industry exposure, remarkable in-depth learning experiences and unparalleled cross-culture friendships.
My heartiest gratitude to the school and its professors for developing in me a natural curiosity for the unknown, for endlessly persuading me to pursue the quest to unravel it, and for inculcating in me the ingenuity to solve business problems and look at them from varied perspectives.
Still have questions?
Diversity in the student body is an important characteristic of the MSCM program. While applicants are expected to have an aptitude for analytical thinking, they do not need to have an undergraduate degree in engineering. We invite students of all disciplines to apply. Beyond education, relevant work experience will weigh heavily in the admissions decision.
All MSCM Applications are for fall term admission. The program has two admission rounds:
Round I Deadline: November 15th
Round II Deadline: February 1st
Round III Deadline : Now extended until May 1st
Malaysian Applicants: July 1st
- Admissions are made on a rolling basis.
- MISI has a quota for financial aid that is awarded on a merit basis. To increase your chance of getting such aid, you are advised to submit an early application.
Application form could be downloaded here
Those who wish to apply to other centers within the MIT Global SCALE network, please visit and submit application online here
To apply to MSCM’s highly competitive program, you must submit the completed MSCM Application Form which includes the Statement of Objectives and 2 Essays. In addition, the following supplemental documents must be submitted by international students.
- Degree certificate & Transcript
- IELTS / TOEFL
Degree certificate &Transcripts
You must provide official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate programs you have participated in to date. Please scan and email them to email@example.com . We will validate them with you original transcripts if you are selected for the admission.
Relevant work experience weighs heavily in MSCM admissions decisions. Therefore, we require every applicant to provide us with a current résumé. The résumé should be in the standard format, including academic degree information with GPA information for each degree. Please email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants from non-English-speaking nations must also offer evidence of written and oral proficiency in the English language by taking the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Have the official score reports emailed directly to our office. For TOEFL the DI Code is 4673.
You must provide three recommendations from people capable of judging your professional and/or academic promise (i.e., supervisor, professor). Applicants are encouraged to provide at least one work related recommendation and at least one from academia.
It is necessary for all Master of Science in Supply Chain Management (MSCM) applicants to demonstrate a general level of Quantitative skills, which may include some college level calculus, linear algebra and probability statistics. This must be clearly demonstrated in a candidate’s degree transcript for them to be considered for admittance to the MSCM program.
Ideally quantitative skills are best demonstrated with either (i) GMAT/GRE or (ii) SC0x (MITx MicroMasters) exam results.
- Self Financing
- Industry Sponsorship
- MISI Financial Aid*
- Based on Merit and GMAT/GRE Scores or SCOx grades
- A combination of scholarship and in some cases deferred fees
- Malaysian citizen
- Yayasan Sultan Iskandar Johor Scholarship
- Women in Supply Chain
Eligibility: Awarded to incoming female SCM students based on merit and need. No separate application forms or submissions are required. Awards are made based on the application materials, interviews, and references.
- Malaysian citizen
- Employee Provident Fund (Account II )
- This scheme allows EPF members to withdraw from their Account II for further studies in local or overseas institutions.
*Please contact email@example.com for more information
- The cost of the MSCM program is MYR 97,750.
Scholarship are available to qualifying applicants.
- Includes tuition fee and 3 weeks travel and accomodation at MIT
- Excludes medical insurance and cost of living
- Living expenses vary depending on living style
- Recommended budget ranges from RM 2,500 to RM 5,000 per month depending on living style
- Note: MISI do not provide accommodation at the campus, but it facilitates in renting residential apartments close by. The apartments units available are either studio (single occupancy), two rooms unit or three rooms units. The monthly rental of the apartment units per student varies from RM 1,500 to RM 2,200.
Option 1 – Flywire
Malaysia Institute of Supply Chain Innovation has partnered with Flywire to streamline the international payment process. Flywire allows you to pay securely from your home country via a variety of payment options, typically in your home currency.
Depending on your remitting country, Flywire offers multiple payment options which
Domestic Bank Transfer
By making your payment with Flywire you can:
• Track your payments from start to finish
• Save on bank fees
• Contact their multilingual customer support team 24/7
Go to https://misi.flywire.com to begin the payment process.
Option 2 – Wire Transfer
MALAYSIA INSTITUTE FOR SUPPLY CHAIN INNOVATION
Affin Islamic Bank Berhad
MSU Shah Alam Business Centre,
Management & Science University,
2nd floor, University Drive, Persiaran Olahraga,
Section 13, 40100 Shah Alam,
Selangor Darul Ehsan.
Bank Acct No.:
David S. Baylis
Malaysia Institute for Supply Chain Innovation
No. 2A, Persiaran Tebar Layar,
Seksyen U8, Bukit Jelutong, Shah Alam,
40150 Selangor, Malaysia.