Supply Chain Case Studies
11 Apr 16
Dr. Chris Caplice
11-14 April 2016
As part of the MSCM program Dr. Chris Caplice held a four-day lecture & workshop entitled “Introduction to Freight Transportation” for MSCM students.
Transportation Agenda – 11/12/13/14 April 2016:
– Intro to Freight Transportation
– Linehaul Operations
– Local Routing Algorithms
– Local Routing Approximations
– Hubs and Transshipment Points
– Transportation Design & Mode Choice
– Case Study: Florida Citrus
– Transportation Procurement
Dr. Chris Caplice is the Executive Director of MIT’s Center for Transportation & Logistics. His research is in all aspects of freight transportation to include combinatorial procurement auctions, robust planning, portfolio management, performance metrics, and infrastructure design. Chris holds a Ph.D. in Transportation and Logistics Systems from MIT.